Suzanne established her practice in Edmonton, Alberta in 1990. She provided workshops, health seminars, public information forums and private sessions dealing with addictions, anxiety, depression and eating disorders.
In 2003, Suzanne graduated from the Masters of Theology program at St. Stephens College in Edmonton. Along with her private practice, her work as a hospital Chaplain established a new dimension to her work. She saw the need to practice at a deeper, more meaningful level with all the people in her life. In 2017 she became a Certified Funeral Celebrant to support folks at one of the most extraordinary times in their lives. She recognises our capacity to engage in grief and loss determines our ability to express our joy and freedom.
Suzanne is devoted to her own professional and personal development. She considers herself fortunate to have trained with some of the most innovative and experienced pioneers in her field. As a lifelong student, Suzanne maintains connections with her own teachers and therapists. She serves the whole community as a clinical supervisor, volunteer, teacher, advocate and mentor for other health care professionals.
Suzanne relocated to Victoria B.C. ten years ago. Along with the west coast lifestyle, she enjoys the company of her children, grandchildren and dear friends. She is close to her prairie roots and is always moved by the sound of geese flying overhead.
Professional Development and Training:
“I am grateful to my teachers and mentors for their guidance, wisdom and commitment. They teach me to be open and willing to see life in new ways. When I am listening, I hear them too.”
– Terry Real: Relational Life Institute (Intergenerational Trauma, Couples Therapy)
– Mark Wolynn: Constellation Family Systems (Intergenerational Trauma)
– Dr. Bruce Tift: Psychotherapy and Buddhism; Naropa University
– Glenda Stansbury: Funeral Celebrancy
– Dr. Sue Johnson: Emotion Focused Therapy (Couples Therapy)
– Jon Eisman: Hakomi and Re-Creation of the Self (Body-Centered Psychotherapy)
– Meredith Oening-Hodgson: Jungian Depth Psychology & Art Therapy
– Dr. Gabor Mate’: Addictions and Trauma
– Dr. Neil Elford: Canadian Association of Pastoral Practice and Education
– Adyashanti, Gangaji, Eckart Tolle: Non-Dual Spirituality